Instructions: Read each statement below and then choose the answer from the list to the right. Your response should reflect what you think best characterizes yourself and your behaviour in the last 3 weeks. There are no right or wrong answers. Try not to spend too much time over each statement.
1. I often lose my appetite (hunger) or eat when I am not hungry.
2. My decisions tend to be more impulsive (hasty) than planned; I tend to feel unsure about my choices and change my mind often.
3. The muscles of my neck, back, or stomach frequently get tense.
4. I have thoughts and feelings about my problems that run through my mind for much of the time.
5. I have a hard time getting to sleep, wake up often or feel tired.
6. I feel the urge to cry or to escape and get away from my problems.
7. I tend to let anger build up and then explosively release my temper in some aggressive or destructive act.
8. I have nervous habits (tapping my fingers, shaking my leg, pulling my hair, scratching, wringing my hands, etc.)
9. I often feel fatigued, even when I have not been doing hard physical labour.
10. I have regular problems with constipation, diarrhoea, upset stomach, or nausea.
11. I tend to not meet my expectations, either because they are unrealistic or I have taken on more of a burden than I can handle.
12. I periodically lose interest in things I do.
13. My anger gets aroused easily.
14. I often have bad, unhappy dreams or nightmares.
15. I tend to spend a great deal of time worrying about things.
16. My use of tea, snacks and medicines has increased.
17. I feel anxious, often without any reason that I can identify.
18. In conversation, my speech tends to be weak, rapid, broken or tense.
19. I tend to be short tempered and irritable with people.
20. Delays, even ordinary ones, make me fiercely impatient.